With the more severe weather conditions of winter we wanted to review our procedures to both reassure and help parents and patrons prepare and plan.
- We recommend that students arrive at school no earlier than 8:00 for supervision purposes. The building will be open for students to wait for the start of class in a warm gym or the hall by the auditorium/cafeteria.
- Children should arrive at school dressed for the weather of the day so they can safely and comfortably enjoy recesses. In winter months, children should remember to bring shoes to change into from their snow boots. All healthy children will be expected to go out for recess except in extreme weather conditions (wind chill, rain, snow, etc.).
- If your child cannot participate in recess for health reasons, please send a note to this effect. If it is to be a prolonged indoor stay (longer than 3 days) please send a note from the doctor.
- Students will remain inside in extreme weather conditions such as: very cold temperatures (below 20 degrees) and wind chill, heavy rain and snowfall, unhealthy air/inversions (we check air quality daily).
- Please be considerate and safety conscious as you drop off and pick up students at school. The winter months see an increase in the number of cars. Remember to: not block the flow of traffic (inside lanes are for waiting/sitting; outside lanes for quick stops and pull through), not block cross walk area, use parking stalls not pull through lanes if you need to enter the building.
- In the event of a major weather event (severe storm, power outage…) The District’s ParentLink system will be used to notify parents this can be in the form of an automated phone call, text, or email. For this information to reach you it is important that you keep your contact information current within the online SIS system. Information will also be posted and updated on the district web page www.nebo.edu. If we need to evacuate the school we would go to the LDS Church (on 550 South). All teachers and staff members will remain at school to care for the students. Unless otherwise notified, we will release students only to responsible adults or family members.