I just want you to know what an honor it is to be the principal at Riverview Elementary. I know the few weeks have been difficult and challenging but I have been amazed as our Riverview Elementary family has come together to take care of students.
Riverview is looking ahead while tackling the present. Although we know that while these days are uncertain, our commitment to your child’s education is not.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me.
Wednesday is the first day of Kindergarten!! Robert Fulgum has taught us that all we really need to know, we learned in Kindergarten. “Share everything. Play fair. Don’t hit people. Put things back where you found them…it is best to hold hands and stick together.”
Students will meet their teacher outside in the Kindergarten grass area. At the first bell, students will enter the classroom from the outside door. This procedure will be followed the first week of school. Photo booth opportunities will be available on Wednesday. Please look for a school map on the Riverview Instagram and website to find where students will meet their teacher in the grass area.
The first day of preschool is Wednesday, September 2nd.
Welcome to school Kindergartner and Preschool students! You will love it here!
School Community Council (SCC)
Would you like to serve on Riverview Elementary 2020-2021 School Community Council (SCC)?
The SCC consists of parents, employees and the principal. They meet monthly for one hour and addresses issues that include Trust Lands Planning, Building Needs Assessments, School Improvement Plans, Character Education Plans, Staff Development Plans, etc.
If you are interested you will find the candidate form available in the following link http://riverview.nebo.edu/sites/riverview.nebo.edu/files/Candidacy-Form_1.pdf
Please return the form to the office by August 31, 2020.
Safety in the Parking Lots
Please be familiar and follow the Desired Behaviors while in the parking lot
- DO only cross at crosswalks and corners.
- DO find a legal parking space in Park and Walk zones if you need to enter the school.
- DO stay in your car at all times in the drop-off/pick-up zones.
Please be familiar and follow with the Highest Risk Behaviors
- DO NOT let children cross in the middle of the parking lot.
- DO NOT park in the drop-off/pick-up zone and leave your vehicle. This is an idle area only while waiting for students to exit/enter the vehicle.
- DO NOT use the bus only zone.
Visitor and Volunteers
Parents/Guardians/Visitors will need to wear a face covering when coming into the school. All contact by individuals and our school must be signed and time stamped for potential contact tracing as per the county health department. Please note that there will be no exception to the requirement that all parent volunteers will need to wear face coverings inside the classrooms.
Due to COVID, we ask that parents, at the end of the day, have a designated meeting spot outside the building. This is to create a healthy and safe environment by limiting potential COVID-19 exposure whenever possible.
All visitors must check in at the office.
I would like encourage you to become a member of the Riverview PTA. The cost of becoming a member of the PTA is $7.
We know that one communication channel doesn’t always meet all parent needs. When we think about our parent audience, individuals range from “tell me only what I need to know” to “tell me everything”. There are a number of communication channels to keep you connected.
Please check the Riverview website for school hours and the lunch schedule. Click on ’Elements of Learning’ link to find the learning models that we value at Riverview. Click on the ‘Parents’ link to find our behavior expectations (PBIS), safety routes, busing information and more. Click on the ‘Faculty’ link to find faculty contact information. Click on the ‘Students’ link to access learning apps. Click on ‘Home’ to stay current on all school events. Our website is full of valuable information.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Riverview School website http://riverview.nebo.edu/.
- Riverview Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Riverview-Elementary-School-150164395051510/
- Riverview Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/riverviewelementary/
- Riverview Twitter @RiverviewElem
- August 26th – First day of Kindergarten
- Sept 1st – Preschool Virtual Open House
- Sept. 2nd – Preschool Starts.
- Sept. 7th – Labor Day Holiday, No School
- Sept 9th – 6th grade Living Planet Aquarium in Little Theater
- Sept 17th – Constitution Day; WEAR Red, White or Blue
- Sept 21st – Minimal Day, students dismissed at noon
Have a great week,
Mrs. Angie Killian, Principal