Dear Riverview Community,
Acting on the latest information regarding the coronavirus from the Utah Health Department, Nebo School District, and the State of Utah, Riverview is implementing the following to reduce the risk of spread of infection:
- Riverview has cancelled all assemblies (large gatherings of 100 or more) from March 16th - 30th however, that may extend beyond March 30th as we are updated continually from the Utah County Health Department.
- Riverview will keep our facility clean by adhering to industry standards for preventing the spread of illness. Special concern will be taken in high traffic areas such as restrooms, door knobs, drinking fountain and computer keyboards.
Preventive measure that should be taken:
- Stay home when you are sick. Stay home for at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever or symptoms of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately.
- Limit close contact with people who are sick.
SEP conferences on March 19th will continue as scheduled. If you are uncomfortable in coming, message your child’s teacher.
Other reliable sources of information about coronavirus are:
- The Utah Department of Health: https://health.utah.gov/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website: https://www.cdc.gov/
- World Health Organization (WHO, International): https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- Nebo School District: http://www.nebo.edu/.
Additional information can be accessed at the CDC’s school guidance document. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/index.html
Nebo School District takes this health risk very seriously. Nebo schools have been directed to increase prevention practices such as increased sanitation techniques and practices, monitoring of school sickness rates, and preparation for online schooling in the event that a school is closed. Out-of-state travel has been cancelled beginning immediately for at least two weeks, as per request of the State’s Coronavirus Task Force. Other school travel is also being reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
School dismissal or closure is under the direction of the Utah County Board of Health. Nebo School District is working very closely with the County Board of Health to safeguard students, staff, and communities of Nebo School District.
Thank you for your support and patience as we maneuver through the complexities of how to address this community challenge.