Today is the first day back from Christmas Break; sounds like most had a Merry Christmas. Legos were a hot item, so were Hover Boards, hatchimals, RC cars, drones, smart watches, and the flu.
This morning, most kids said they were glad to be back but there were some who were “kinda yes and kinda no.”
I asked some what their New Year’s resolutions are. Kid’s resolutions don’t change much from year to year: “I want to get better at times tables.” “I’m not going to fight with my brother.” “I will be a better reader.” “I want a new puppy.” I said, “Uh….that really isn’t a resolution, it’s a wish. A resolution is something you want to improve in or change.” He then said: “I want to change the way my mom feels about having a new puppy.” Clever boy! It’s good to be back!
The third session of after-school clubs will begin on Monday, January 8th and go until Friday, March 2nd. The fees for clubs will be $12 this year. Please fill out the registration forms if you haven’t completed one this school year and make the payment in the office by Friday, January 5th.
There is still some availability in the following clubs:
- K-3 Lego - 4 spots
- K-3 Creative Art - 5 spots
- 2-6th Origami - 6 spots
- 2-6th Sign Language - 7 spots
- K-3 Kids Rock - 5 spots
- 3-6th Unity/ code Video game design - 2 spots
- K-3 Einstein Science - 5 spots
- K-3 All about horses - 4 spots
- 3-6th Minecraft - 5 spots
- 2-6th Spanish - 8 spots
SEP Conferences will be held Wednesday, January 10th and Thursday, January 11th. You will be getting an email from SignUpGenius. This email will allow you to visit the website, find your child’s teacher (s), and sign-up for the time that is most convenient to your individual schedule. Thanks so much!
Nebo Mobile App
Nebo School District has launched a free app. This app may be used to view student information (schedules, grades, attendance, etc.) and school information (news, calendars, menus, etc), which is retrieved from various sources.
Install the “Nebo School District” mobile app from the App Store or Google Play. Click the following link to access the append get full install instructions http://www.nebo.edu/bb-mobile-app.
Cool weather is upon us. As you know, poor air quality is common during Utah winters and affects health. Riverview monitors air quality from: http://air.utah.gov/. We follow the Utah recess guide: http://health.utah.gov/asthma/pdfs/airquality/recessguidance.pdf.
During the cold months we will check air quality levels in the morning. Students will remain inside when air quality reaches high levels on the air quality index. If the air quality is good ALL students will be sent outside for recess. Please make sure your child is coming to school with outdoor clothing during the cold weather months.
Riverview School website
Riverview Facebook & Instagram
Please continue to check the website for additional information.
- January 4th – 4th grade weather activity @ 10:30 in Little Theater
- January 5th – Popcorn Friday; PBIS assembly @ 2:15 p.m.
- January 8th – Officer Grover presenting to 3rd & 6th grades @ 9:15 in the gym
- January 10th – SEP Conferences
- January 11th – SEP Conferences; Last day of 2nd term
- January 12th – No School; Teacher Development Day
- January 15th – No School; Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 16th – First day of 3rd term; School Community Council meeting @ 3:30
- January 18th – Good Citizen Reward for 4th – 6th grades; Winter Olympic Games
- January 19th – Good Citizen Reward for K-3rd grades; Winter Olympics Games
- January 25th – Make Your Mark Assembly @ 2:30
- January 26th – NetSmartz Assembly; K-2nd @ 1:50, 3rd-6th grades @ 2:20
- January 29th – February 2nd – PTA White Ribbon Week
- February 2nd – Utah Opera Assembly; K-3rd @ 9:00, 4th – 6th @ 10:00
Mrs. Angie Killian
Principal, Riverview Elementary