Principal Newsletter March 26th - 30thPublished by angela.killian on Mon, 03/26/2018 - 19:41
The 10 happiest jobs in America. This is the name of an article which appeared in USA Today on March 8, 2015. Based on findings from CareerBliss, the number one happiest job in America is School principal. Pssh, they didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know!?!
I love being a principal! I credit that to the Riverview community. We make a great team-you, your children, and the faculty/staff here at Riverview! It is great to be in a community that values education and that certainly makes it rewarding!
The best part of the job? The students! It is really neat for us to see the students’ progress through the day, week, term, and year.
It is also wonderful to help create a safe school environment where every child who walks through our doors feels really good about being here.
I don’t love every aspect but any challenge is worth the reward when we get to change students’ lives.
The secret to a happy job…spend the day with kids!
Family in Need
We have a Riverview family who lost their home to a fire on Saturday. They were at a piano recital on Saturday morning when they think an RC car battery got overheated and started a fire in their basement. The basement is a complete loss as the fire was going for awhile before it was discovered. The house will most likely need to be rebuilt and the smoke and water damage has ruined everything else.
This family has three children who attend Riverview... twin boys in 4th grade and a 1st grade girl. They also have a 3 yr old girl at home. They are in a hotel for the week and have a rental lined up to live in until their home is rebuilt.
They basically have nothing but the clothes on their back. We are hoping to assist this Riverview family by having a Penny War after Spring Break for 2 weeks; April 9th – 20th. All of the money raised will go to the Bluth Family.
Kindergarten Registration - It’s Not Too Late
Kindergarten registration was held last week. If you have forgotten, it’s not too late, your child can still come to school next year!! To register your child please go to http://riverview.nebo.edu/registration#kpre. We will need a copy of birth certificate, immunizations, and proof of residency.
The deadline to order yearbooks is April 9th. Order forms are in the front office or they can be ordered online also. To purchase a Yearbook online please go to: YBPay.lifetouch.com. Enter code: 10708318
PTA Spring Carnival
The PTA Spring Carnival will be held on Monday, April 30th. The Carnival was a great success last year and we are anticipating much success this year!
To ensure the success of the Carnival we need YOUR help.
The following three areas are the areas where we need immediate assistance.
The roles identified below need to be filled ASAP (fortunately much of the leg work has been completed already) – WE NEED HELP!:
- ActivitiesCommittee Chair (committee members will be needed too, but the Chair is crucial) This committee will take the lead of the activities component of the Carnival. We have potential vendors identified already. We need your help making the carnival FUN.
- FoodCommittee Chair (committee members will be needed too, but the Chair is crucial) This committee will oversee the food component of the Carnival by determining what will be served, as well as overseeing the preparation and distribution of food items.
- MarketingCommittee Chair (a committee member has volunteered, but the Chair is crucial) This committee will assist in providing already created materials to teachers and parents through print media and social media.
- TicketCommittee Chair (committee members have already volunteered) This committee will oversee the presale of tickets, distribution of tickets, and ticketing at the event.
- Donations Committee Members(a volunteer is already chairing this committee) This committee will assist in contacting businesses to seek donations for silent auction baskets, prizes and food. Materials are already created to assist with asking for donations.
DONATIONS – ITEMS AND ACTIVITIES:
If you know individuals who manage or own local businesses and would be willing to ask them for a donation to the school, please let us know immediately! We will provide tax receipts to businesses.
If you have an item or skill that could be added to a gift basket that you are willing to donate, please let us know immediately.
If you have access to the following activities and can donate them or help provide them at a discounted rate, please let us know immediately:
- Ponies – Pony Rides
- Pig – Kiss A Pig
- Bounce Houses
- Dunk Tank
- Candy Canon
- Bubble Balls
- Face Painting
- Or other activities that you have access to – let us know what they are!
To ensure the Carnival is a success it requires MANY volunteers. We will have a variety of volunteer needs and shifts, so if you will have some availability on April 30th and are willing to help out – please let us know immediately.
I am excited for the opportunity to continue to help our school develop and provide outstanding opportunities to our children. Your consideration and support of the Carnival by volunteering, donating to, and attending, is greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions or would like to assist in any of the ways described above, please contact me.
Riverview Elementary School
PTA Fundraising Chair
801.369.1982 (text or phone calls welcome – please leave your name in the text or voicemail)
Teacher requests for 2018-2019
Teacher requests will be open from Monday, April 30th to Friday, May 4th. Forms will be available in the front office during this week only.
Riverview School website
Riverview Facebook & Instagram
Please continue to check the website for additional information.
- March 27th– Kindergarten School Pictures
- March 30th– Make Your Mark Assembly @ 2:30 p.m.
- April 2nd– 6th – Spring Break; No School
- April 9th– 13th – PTA BOGO Book Fair
- April 9th– Make Your Mark Assembly @ 9:00 a.m.
- April 10th– National Librarian Day; 2nd grade aquarium visit
- April 12th– 4th grade county fair @ 1:45; PTA Art Show @ 5:00 p.m.
- April 13th– Popcorn Friday
- April 19th– State Earthquake Drill @ 10:00 a.m.
- April 20th– 1st grade field trip
- April 24th– 3rd grade track and field day @ SFHS
- April 25th– National Secretary Day
- April 27th– Kindergarten Field Trip
- April 30th – PTA Spring Carnival
- April 30th– May 4th – Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 1st-4thgrade track and field day @ SFHS
Mrs. Angie Killian
Principal, Riverview Elementary