We all hit that point where we can’t figure out exactly what we really want to do with our lives. My niece is at that stage in her life. She recently told me she thinks she has definitely made up her mind…she wants to be a teacher. A smile spread across my face when she told me what she is studying…”I’m thinking of going into teaching.” It warms me up inside. She wants to teach the little ones, maybe first or second. Or maybe third. She is not really sure. Definitely the little ones. Just like me. She asked me why I decided to teach elementary. I told her it is because they can’t drive yet. I wanted to find a parking space.
Heads Up – ‘Did You Knows’ for Parents
Are you a new parent to Riverview Elementary? Do you know what dismissal time looks like? We need your help to keep the school and your children safe. EVERY child’s safety is important to us. It remains our highest priority to ensure that students enter and exit cars in a safe and organized way. We ask everyone to correctly follow our pick-up and drop-off procedures. Failure to do so creates chaos, frustration and unsafe conditions. Each family should discuss these loading and walking procedures. Thank you for your continuing support in making Riverview a safe environment for all.
- Be your child’s best example. Please be courteous and follow all safety guidelines at all times.
- No arrivals prior to 8:00; front doors will be locked until 8:00 AM
- Please DO NOT STOP in the left lanes of the loading zones. This is a very dangerous location in our parking lot. No students permitted in parking lot without an accompanying adult.
- Use crosswalks to cross streets and loading zone lanes.
- Students are not to ride bikes on school sidewalks or crosswalks.
- Students are to use the yellow walking/bike path that is painted around the perimeter of the West Parking lot by the Kindergarten playground when leaving school at the end of the school day. Students may not ride bikes or walk through the parking lot.
- Follow all directions from school safety personnel. They can see potential problems you may not.
- Students are to be picked-up promptly at dismissal; 2:15 on Mondays, 3:00 Tuesday – Friday.
- Pull your car as far forward into the loading zone as traffic allows. Drivers may drop-off students along entire length of Loading Zone.
- Students can unload from PASSENGER SIDE of vehicle only. The driver should remain in the vehicle at all times and all driver side doors are to remain closed. No trunk unloading allowed in this zone.
- Keep pulling forward and fill in all gaps in Loading Zone Lane.
- Have all school materials including backpack and lunch ready before student exits vehicle.
- Once your student has exited your vehicle you may exit the parking lot via the bypass lane to the driver’s left. This lane is for driving only — no loading, unloading or stopping at any time.
Picking up from School:
- Pull your car as far forward into the loading zone as traffic allows. Student pick-up is available from Loading Zone Lane only.
- Once your child has entered your car on passenger side of vehicle, please exit parking lot via bypass lane to driver’s left. This lane is for driving only — no loading, unloading or stopping at any time.
Monday, September 17th, school will be dismissed at noon. Lunch will be served at 10:10 a.m. Buses will run normal routes.
Please become a member of the Riverview PTA; $6.00 to become a member. You may pay through Venmo @ Riverview-PTA. It made becoming a member super easy for me.
Riverview School website http://riverview.nebo.edu/.
Riverview Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Riverview-Elementary-School-150164395051510/
Riverview Instagram https://www.instagram.com/riverviewelementary/
Have a great week.
Mrs. Angie Killian, Principal
- September 17th – School dismissed at noon
- September 18th – First SCC meeting 3:15-4:15
- September 20th – School pictures
- September 21st – Riverview Annual Chalk Walk Fundraiser Kick-Off Assembly @ 2:00 p.m.
- September 27th – Make Your Mark Assembly @ 9:00 a.m.