School pictures will be taken tomorrow, Thursday, September 20th. Since I started teaching, there are certain things about school photos that have never changed. First is the envelope they arrive in. It always has a window in it. Through this window you get to see a third of your face, the top of your head, and one ear. There is only one reason the envelopes have this window: to ease the shock. The background in school photos hasn’t changed, either. For as long as I can remember, school pictures have had that same light blue background. In fact, if Jeopardy! Ever posted “School Photos” as a category, I wouldn’t be surprised if the winning answer was “What is blue?”
Riverview Chalk Walk Fundraiser
Friday begins a very important, fun, healthy way to raise money for Riverview Elementary.
Riverview is raising money to fund field trips, assemblies, technology and classroom supplies.
We want to promote a healthy lifestyle to our students and the community. Please help us reach our fundraising goal by supporting our Chalk Walk.
- We have teamed up with The Get Movin’ Crew© to make this event fun and profitable.
- Please help us by helping your child raise a total of $50.00 in donations.
- It’s easy! Just help your child gather 5, $10.00 flat donations, or more.
We Need All Parents to Complete 3 Fast/Easy Online Steps!
- Register your Child by visiting Thegetmovincrew.com. Your child(s) classroom teacher will send you information. It's free, super easy, and takes only a few minutes!
- Share your child's student fundraising webpage via email to 10-15 friends and/or family. It’s super easy.
- Post on Facebook or Social Media. It's two clicks of a button to post. The average parent has 300 FB friends. You'll be surprised when donations come in from distant relatives/friends from HS/co-workers. Post and see what happens!
Our total school goal is $50,000 - It is possible if each child brings in just 5, $10 flat donations!
- Kickoff Assembly: Friday, September 21st @ 2:00
- Chalk Walk Date: Friday, October 5th from 1:30-3:00
- Early Donation Due Date: Monday, September, 24th, 2018
- Final Donation due date: Wednesday, October 17th, 2018
- We prefer online donations through your child’s webpage.
- Donations in the form of cash & checks (in-school donations), should be turned in to the school.
Please become a member of the Riverview PTA; $6.00 to become a member. You may pay through Venmo @ Riverview-PTA. It made becoming a member super easy for me.
- Riverview School website http://riverview.nebo.edu/.
- Riverview Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Riverview-Elementary-School-150164395051510/
- Riverview Instagram https://www.instagram.com/riverviewelementary/
Have a great week.
Mrs. Angie Killian, Principal
- September 20th – School pictures
- September 21st – Riverview Annual Chalk Walk Fundraiser Kick-Off Assembly @ 2:00 p.m.
- September 27th – Make Your Mark Assembly @ 9:00 a.m.
- October 3rd – Vision Screening
- October 5th – RIVERVIEW CHALK WALK!!!!!