WEEK FOURTEEN - NOVEMBER 20TH - 21STPublished by angela.killian on Tue, 11/21/2017 - 16:14
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, Riverview kiddos have been writing what they are thankful for. There’s nothing more real than asking a student a serious question to see what their response will be. Kids don’t have to try very hard to be funny-they just are.
“I’m thankful for guys!…like Spiderman guys, like Superheroes!
“I’m thankful for my family and Thanksgiving and even you, teacher!.”
“I’m thankful for X-Box and everyone who brings food.”
After spending time with Riverview students, I have come up with an unconventional gratitude list.
- Smiles-I am thankful that I can visually see the happiness that happens every day. Smiles change moods. I am grateful to see the beauty of a child’s smile.
- Teeth-Dentist appointments, orthodontist appointments, lost teeth, loose teeth…all are regular occurrences at school. I am grateful for my choppers.
- Pizza and Chicken Alfredo-The lunch room is full of happy diners on pizza and alfredo chicken day.
- Hugs-A life without hugs would be a lonely life to me.
- Laughter-It cures heavy hearts and tired minds and sick bodies. It is contagious and happiness-inducing. I recommend it. Lots of it.
- You-I am grateful for this community. Riverview is a great place to learn and grow and seek inspiration and motivation and acceptance and love.
I want to wish all Happy Thanksgiving! There will be no school Nov. 22nd – 24th.
Food Drive-Cans for Kids
Riverview Afterschool program and Riverview Student Council are pleased to announce the eighth annual Food Drive service project. This service project will run until Wednesday, Dec. 20th, our goal is to BEAT last year’s total of 3,000 cans of food! The food will be donated to families in our school, Nebo Pantry, and the Utah Food Coalition.
The Nebo Pantry is for homeless and transient students in our district. The District currently has over 1,700 students in this situation.
This is a great opportunity to teach our students about service and being grateful for the things we have. All cans should be brought to your student’s classroom to be counted and recorded.
PLEASE make sure the cans have not EXPIRED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!! LET’S ALL WORK TOGETHER FOR A GREAT CAUSE!!
Riverview School website
Riverview Facebook & Instagram
Please continue to check the website for additional information.
- November 21st – Make Your Mark Assembly 9:00 a.m.
- November 22nd – 24th – Thanksgiving Break
- November 30th – 4th grade keyboarding ends
- December 1st – Popcorn Friday
- December 7th – Orchestra Concert – 6:30-7:30 pm
- December 18th –Christmas Kick-Off Week
- Monday-Wear Red and Green
- Tuesday-Ugly Christmas Sweater
- Wednesday-Wear Christmas Hat
- Thursday-Prepare for a long winter nap-Wear PJ’s; dismiss at noon
- Friday-No School
- December 19th – Second Grade Christmas Program 2:15 – 3:00 p.m.
- December 21st – Make Your Mark/Christmas Sing-Along Assembly @ 9:00 a.m.; School dismissed at noon.
- January 2nd – School resumes
Mrs. Angie Killian
Principal, Riverview Elementary