The SCC serves as an advisory council to the school administration. The SCC consists of parents, employees and the principal. The council meets monthly for one hour. If you are interested in running in the election, please come to the office during registration on August 2, 2016 and pick up a form.
The School Community Council (SCC) plays an important role in partnering in the education of our children with the school, its staff and faculty and the district. The SCC provides a "cooperative means of improving the educational programs and conditions" within the school. Decisions and responsibilities allocated to the SCC by the Utah law includes:
- Developing a School Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Developing the School LAND Trust Program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a school professional development plan
- Develop and implement a child access routing plan (safe walking routes to and from school)
- Advising and making recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding the school and its programs, school district programs, and other issues relating to the community environment for students
- Developing a reading achievement plan.