No one is more cherished in the world than someone who lightens the burden of another. We have the best secretaries who lighten the burdens of many.
Last week we honored our wonderful school secretaries, Mrs. Lindsey Downey and Mrs. Damaris Sullivan, for National Secretary’s Day. We owe so much to our Riverview secretaries who have an unwavering dedication and commitment to the students and families of Riverview.
On behalf of the Riverview students, faculty, and staff, let me thank our fantastic Riverview PTA! Last week we have a great family fundraiser event and the BOGO bookfair. So many attended both events.
I have had many people mention to me how much they enjoyed the movie night and supporting the literacy of students!
This Friday is the last Treat Friday. All students who have a birthday falling in the month of May will receive a treat from the PTA. Additional treats may be purchased by all students for .25 cents.
Thank you, PTA!
Let me take this opportunity to express my appreciation for Mrs. Lesa Hyer and Mr. Lynn Teuscher for their outstanding service to Nebo School District and Riverview Elementary. Lesa and Lynn will be retiring this year. We wish them health and happiness as they prepare for the new and exciting experiences that lie ahead. For those who would like to celebrate their retirement, please join us at an Open House on Friday, May 13th from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
2022 – 2023 Riverview Faculty Assignments
We have several faculty changes for the 2022-2023 school year – we have many faculty members moving out of state and/or accepting new assignments. We will miss Bethany Prestwich, Kamryn Frame, Alicia Powell, Kaitlin Fielding, Nikelle Sybrowsky and Christina Peterson.
I would like to announce the following teacher assignments for the upcoming school year.
- Natalie Price
- Wendi Tye
- Courtney McAvoy
- Misty Jones
- Amy Jensen
- Angela Linford
- Stacy Aragon Shreeve
- Jessica Pierce
- Karen Grant
- Sherry Moody
- Cassie Callister
- RaeAnn Nelson
- Larissa Larson
- Bethany Chambers
- Matt Jenkins
- Alyssa Mathis/Jennifer Gilbert
- Savannah Barker
- Jackie Jarvis
- Katelyn Weight
- Sheri Rivera
- TyLynne Jumonville
- Mary Hollister
- Heidi Bundy
- Melissa Nuttall
- Keith Staples
- Heather Parrish
Year End Testing
We are in the year end testing window. There are a few things families can do to prepare for test day at home:
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep and eats a healthy breakfast.
- Make the morning of testing as relaxing as possible by arriving to school on time.
- Encourage children to focus and pace themselves without rushing. It’s important to take your time, and read each question carefully.
- Remind children that if the test questions seem hard, that means they’re doing well. Just like the ACT college entrance exam, the RISE test is computer adaptive, which means it adapts to the student’s abilities by giving harder questions when a student gets something correct, and easier questions when the student gives a wrong answer.
- Don’t give up. Make sure you take time to go outside and play!
Spanish Fork Fiesta Days Rodeo Reading Challenge
A big thank you to Spanish Fork Fiesta Day’s for challenging Spanish Fork students to read and at the same time get them excited for the rodeo. The combined Spanish Fork elementary goal is to read over 3,000,000 minutes.
Each school will have 6 winners; 2 that are grand prize winners. Winners receive complimentary tickets to the rodeo. Families can purchase additional tickets if they wish. The Grand prize winners also receive boots, jeans, and a hat.
Winners will be announced on Thursday, May 5th.
The last week of book check out is April 25th – 29th. All books are due by May 13th.
Riverview Water Bottle Filling Stations
Thank you for helping us raise enough money to allow us retrofit all six water fountains with bottle filling stations. We are grateful to provide a more sanitary place for students to fill up a water bottle. The stations are touch-free and when a bottle is taken away, they automatically stop. Our community is the best!
Penny Wars Scholarship
Thank you for helping us present two scholarships to graduating SFHS seniors who attend Riverview Elementary. We will make the presentations on May 17th at 9:00 at the SFHS scholarship assembly.
2022 Jr. Dons Boys Basketball Camp
All 4th – 8th grade boys at all skill levels. Camp will be run by members of the SFHS Boys Basketball Team and Coaching Staff.
- June 28th – 30th
- $35 per person – Fee includes SF Dons Shirt Adult Small – XL
- Register by paying at the SFHS Finance Office
- Make checks payable to SFHS Boys Basketball – Please write Jr. Dons Camp in the memo line
- Times are subject to change – You will attend according to the grade level you will be in to start 2022 school year.
- 4th & 5th grade boys – 10:00 – 11:00 am
- 6th & 7th grade boys – 11:00 – 12:00 pm
- 8th grade boys – 12:00 – 1:00 pm
- Tuesday – Defensive Skill Development/Game Play
- Wednesday – Offensive Skill Development/Game Play
- Thursday – Game Play/Tournament
- May 3rd – 5th Grade Track Meet
- May 4th – Hope of America, Kindergarten Field Trip to the zoo
- May 5th – Spanish Fork Fiesta Day Reading Challenge winners announced
- May 6th – Spanish Fork public library summer reading assembly
- May 10th – 5th grade Freedom Walk
- May 12th – 3rd Grade field trip to Bean Museum, 5th grade Wax Museum
- May 17th – SFHS Scholarship presentation
- May 19th – Make Your Mark Assembly
- May 20th – Kindergarten Graduation
- May 26th – 4th term good citizenship reward – Sprinkler Day
- May 27th – Last day of school, school dismissed at noon.
Mrs. Angie Killian, Principal of Riverview