May is the month that teachers begin to put on their hardhats, tie yellow caution tape across their doors, and lay out orange cones in the halls. They stand guard at the garbage cans, handing back papers that forgot where the ‘finished’ work basket is.
You have probably never been able to observe how kids clean out their desks. They don’t take out their books and papers and lay them on top of their desks. They reach their arms into their desks, pull everything out at the same time, and spread it all out on the floor like it’s their Halloween candy.
If ever there be an emergency, we could sustain students for quite some time on all the lost bags of Cheetos, black bananas, and Smarties that will magical appear and also answer the question of “What is that smell?”
What a great time of year!
We need volunteers to HELP with PTA in the 2022-2023 school year. Even if you can only donate a couple of hours per year, we need your help! There are several opportunities available. We all work together to make things as easy as possible! Please review the available slots below and click on the www.signupgenius.com
Please join us for our Kindergarten Graduation on Friday, May 20th. Riverview Gym.
- 9:30 – 10:30 for A.M. Kindergarten Sessions
- 1:00 – 2:00 for P.M. Kindergarten Sessions
Nebo Summer Theater Camp!
Registration for the Nebo Summer Theatre Camp for 4th and 5th grade.
- Session 1: June 13-24 at Brookside
- Session 2: July 11-22 at Spring Lake
This year’s show is Rindercella! A hilarious “tairy fale” spoof on the classic tale, and everyone gets a speaking part!
Registration is $90.00 per participant.
For more information and the registration link, scan the QR code or go to: https://bit.ly/3JsVkwj .
Let me take this opportunity to express my appreciation for Mrs. Lesa Hyer and Mr. Lynn Teuscher for their outstanding service to Nebo School District and Riverview Elementary. Lesa and Lynn will be retiring this year. We wish them health and happiness as they prepare for the new and exciting experiences that lie ahead. For those who would like to celebrate their retirement, please join us at an Open House on Friday, May 13th from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
2022 – 2023 Riverview Faculty Assignments
We have several faculty changes for the 2022-2023 school year – we have many faculty members moving out of state and/or accepting new assignments. We will miss Bethany Prestwich, Kamryn Frame, Alicia Powell, Kaitlin Fielding, Nikelle Sybrowsky, Molly Rosenbaum, Sarah Ward and Christina Peterson.
I would like to announce the following teacher assignments for the upcoming school year.
- Natalie Price
- Wendi Tye
- Courtney McAvoy
- Misty Jones
- Amy Jensen
- Angela Linford
- Stacy Aragon Shreeve
- Jessica Pierce
- Karen Grant
- Sherry Moody
- Cassie Callister
- RaeAnn Nelson
- Larissa Larson
- Bethany Chambers
- Matt Jenkins
- Alyssa Mathis/Jennifer Gilbert
- Savannah Barker
- Jackie Jarvis
- Katelyn Weight
- Sheri Rivera
- TyLynne Jumonville
- Mary Hollister
- Heidi Bundy
- Melissa Nuttall
- Keith Staples
- Heather Parrish
Year End Testing
We are in the year end testing window. There are a few things families can do to prepare for test day at home:
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep and eats a healthy breakfast.
- Make the morning of testing as relaxing as possible by arriving to school on time.
- Encourage children to focus and pace themselves without rushing. It’s important to take your time, and read each question carefully.
- Remind children that if the test questions seem hard, that means they’re doing well. Just like the ACT college entrance exam, the RISE test is computer adaptive, which means it adapts to the student’s abilities by giving harder questions when a student gets something correct, and easier questions when the student gives a wrong answer.
- Don’t give up. Make sure you take time to go outside and play!
The last week of book check out is April 25th – 29th. All books are due by May 13th.
Riverview Water Bottle Filling Stations
Thank you for helping us raise enough money to allow us retrofit all six water fountains with bottle filling stations. We are grateful to provide a more sanitary place for students to fill up a water bottle. The stations are touch-free and when a bottle is taken away, they automatically stop. Our community is the best!
Penny Wars Scholarship
Thank you for helping us present two scholarships to graduating SFHS seniors who attend Riverview Elementary. We will make the presentations on May 17th at 9:00 at the SFHS scholarship assembly.
2022 Dons Boys Basketball Camp
All 4th – 8th grade boys at all skill levels. Camp will be run by members of the SFHS Boys Basketball Team and Coaching Staff.
June 28th – 30th. $35 per person. Fee includes SF Dons Shirt Adult Small – XL. Register by paying at the SFHS Finance Office. Make checks payable to SFHS Boys Basketball – Please write Jr. Dons Camp in the memo line. Times are subject to change – You will attend according to the grade level you will be in to start 2022 school year.
- 4th & 5th grade boys – 10:00 – 11:00 am
- 6th & 7th grade boys – 11:00 – 12:00 pm
- 8th grade boys – 12:00 – 1:00 pm
- Tuesday – Defensive Skill Development/Game Play
- Wednesday – Offensive Skill Development/Game Play
- Thursday – Game Play/Tournament
- May 12th – 3rd Grade field trip to Bean Museum, 5th grade Wax Museum
- May 17th – SFHS Scholarship presentation
- May 19th – Make Your Mark Assembly
- May 20th – Kindergarten Graduation
- May 26th – 4th term good citizenship reward – Sprinkler Day
- May 27th – Last day of school, school dismissed at noon.
Mrs. Angie Killian, Principal of Riverview