We all have Christmas memories that are forever imprinted in our minds. We just need to close our eyes and instantly we are back in time.
I remember the very first Christmas teacher gift I ever gave. The year was 1972. I was in Kindergarten. I attended Peteetneet Elementary in Payson, Utah. My teacher was Mrs. Bradford.
My mom decorated a brown paper lunch bag and filled it with some peanuts, an orange and Brach’s Christmas ribbon candy. I added a goody of my own when my mom wasn’t looking.
The next day, when Mrs. Bradford opened her brown Christmas bag filled with Christmas treats from my mom she also found two partially melted snowman candles from me.
Every year – sometime during the holidays – these memories of my childhood cause me to draw a chair up to the hearth of my heart and sit and warm myself for a bit.
I wish you all the very merriest Christmas. May you make simple memories that will last a lifetime.
We couldn’t have Christmas time without a Christmas Sing-a-long. Our Christmas Sing-a-long will be on Thursday, December 17th at 2:00.
Christmas Break is Monday, December 20th – December 31st. School will resume on Monday, January 3rd.
SEP Conferences – January 13th
SEP Conferences will be held Thursday, January 13th from 3:15 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
Students will be participating in our Middle of Year Acadience (DIBELS) testing directly after we return from our break. Please help students do their best to be well rested and on time to school. We are excited to see their progress in reading and math!
Riverview School Gear
Are you interested in purchasing Riverview gear for your child or yourself? T-shirts, hoodies, jackets, beanies, caps, and water bottles with the Riverview logo are available for purchase at https://riverviewelementary.axomo.com/.
- December 13th – 17th – Christmas Kick-off Week
- Thursday, 16th – Christmas Cheer – Wear red and Green
- Friday, Comfy and Cozy are We – Wear PJ’s and cozy clothes
- December 16th – Christmas Sing-a-long
- December 17th – Last day of school before Christmas Break
- January 3rd - School Resumes
- January 6th - Fifth grade NOVA begins
- January 13th – SEP Conferences
- January 14th – No School; Teacher Development Day
- January 17th – No School; Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- January 18th – First Day of 3rd Term
- January 28th – Science Fair
I wish you a restful winter break and hope you enjoy this time with your families. For the New Year, I wish you health and happiness! I absolutely love working with our students, parents, staff, and community. I am thankful to be part of the Riverview family!
Mrs. Angie Killian
Principal, Riverview Elementary