You are here
During the last week before Christmas Break some students bring in gifts for their teachers. It is very sweet. Sometimes you’ll find a gift mysteriously placed on your desk at recess. Sometimes they’ll hand it to you and say, “My mom told me to give you this. I don’t know what it is.” And sometimes the gifts come wrapped with lots of love and masking tape. Those were my personal favorite.
I use to try to wait till vacation to open my presents, but students always beg you to unwrap them.
“Thank you for the necklace you made. I can’t wait to wear it. “
“Thank you for the orange Kleenex box cover. I like how you wrote your name so big with purple glitter glue.”
“Thank you for the safety pin and paper clip Christmas tree ornament. You made this?! Wow! I thought for sure you bought it!”
“Ohhh…thank you. It’s beautiful. I love it. You made it?...Can you tell me about it?...Of course it’s a paperweight! Oh, it’s a beautiful paperweight. Thank you so much for the paperweight. Look everyone, it’s a paperweight. See?”
“Oh thank you for that hug…how did you know that is what I wanted and it’s fits me perfectly, just my size!!”
Merry Christmas my dear Riverview Community!!! I hope each and every one has a wonderful holiday season filled with cheer and surprises, simply because you deserve it!
Friday is a half day of school. Students will be excused at noon; lunch will be served at 10:10. School resumes on Wednesday, January 2nd.
- Riverview School website http://riverview.nebo.edu/.
- Riverview Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Riverview-Elementary-School-150164395051510/
- Riverview Instagram https://www.instagram.com/riverviewelementary/
- December 17th- 21st – Christmas Kickoff Week
- Tuesday, 18th – Sock Day-wear your warmest, most fun socks
- Wednesday, 19th – Sweater/Shirt Day-deck the halls in your favorite Christmas sweater/shirt
- Thursday, 20th – Christmas Color Block Day-wear your favorite Christmas colors! Red, green, blue, gold, white, silver!
- Friday, 21st – Festive Friday – Bring out your tacky sweaters! Go all out! Wear antlers, hats, ornament, etc!
- December 17th – 3rd grade Christmas Floats
- December 19th – 2nd grade Christmas Program; 9:30 for school, 2:15 for parents
- December 21st – School Dismissed at noon for Christmas break; lunch will be served at 10:10; buses will run routes.
- January 2nd – School resumes
Mrs. Angie Killian, Principal of Riverview
The kids in my class researched and voted on a service project that they would like to do as a class. Once they decided on an idea, they made a speech for how they would ask neighbors and family to help them. The idea they had was to collect blankets for the Humane Society. So far we have a small corner of the room filled with blankets and the goal is to fill my Corolla with what they’ve gathered. This is them making a blanket to add to the collection.
In our class, we have been working on "How-to" writing. We had 6th-grade buddies come to help us publish our final drafts. We used a program called Adobe Spark which created an online book. The students added pictures to their book and recorded himself or herself reading their book.