Principal Newsletter May 14th - 18thPublished by angela.killian on Tue, 05/15/2018 - 19:25
It is the time of year teachers need to put on their hardhats, tie yellow caution tape across their doors, and lay out orange cones in the halls. They will need to stand guard at the garbage cans, handing back papers that forgot where the ‘finished’ work basket is.
You have probably never been able to observe how kids clean out their desks. They don’t take out their books and papers and lay them on top of their desks. Oh no. They reach their arms into their desks, pull everything out at the same time, and spread it all out on the floor like it’s their Halloween candy.
If ever there be an emergency, we could sustain students for quite some time on all the lost bags of Cheetos, black bananas, and Smarties that will magical appear and also answer the question of “What is that smell?”
Teachers, don’t fight it. Make it a party; the games will be “Stuff the Garbage Can until It Overflows”, “Stand on the Papers in the Garbage Can to Make It Go Down”, and “Oh, There It Is!” What a great time of year!
Lunch Menu for next week
- Monday 21st -French toast/sausage
- Tuesday 22nd – Corn Dogs/fries
- Wednesday 23rd – Pizza Rippers
- Thursday 24th – Country fried steak/fries
- Friday – Pizza only – no chicken nuggets or cheese sandwich
Summer Office Hours
The office at Riverview will be open Monday – Thursday from 8:00-1:00.
Summer Library Hours
- Thursdays 9:00-1:00
- Book Check Out Only
Riverview will be offering a Summer School Program for math and reading. Each session will run for 4 weeks. Classes will be held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, no classes on Mondays and Fridays. The program will be offered at Riverview, during the following weeks:
- Session #1………..June 5th – June 28th (4 week session; Tues. Wed. Thur. only)
- Session #2………..July 10th – August 2nd (4 week session; Tues. Wed. Thur. only)
These times are based on grade level for next year, 2018-2019.
- 1st & 2nd grade from 9:00-10:00
- 3rd & 4th grades from 10:15-11:15
- 5th & 6th grades from 11:30-12:30
Time will be split as follows:
- 30 minutes – Reading (small groups with students of similar needs)
- 30 minutes – Math
A Summer School fee of $50 is required. Students are able to register for more than one session, with an additional $40 fee/second session. If you choose to register for one subject only, the fee is $25, with an additional $15 fee/second session.
To register your child, please do the following:
- Complete a registration form. Registration forms will be available in the office.
- Make check payable to “Riverview Elementary” for $50.00
- Return registration to the school by Friday - May 18th, 2018
This year we are trying to create a great memory…a Riverview music video! The video will be to the song “The Great Show” from the movie “The Greatest Showman.” A videographer will be coming on May 21st to help us create a great memory. The most important ingredient for the memory is enthusiasm. On Monday, May 21st, students can bring crazy wigs, sun glasses, a stuffed animal (circus), a silly hat, etc.
The yearbooks have been ordered and are currently being printed. The PTA have ordered some extra books, BUT not a lot. If you would still like a book, you may purchase one for $15 through the office. The books will be delivered the last week of school.
Riverview School website
Riverview Facebook & Instagram
Please continue to check the website for additional information.
- May 18th – Kindergarten graduation
- May 21st – 1st & 2nd grade talent show @ 9:00 a.m., Music video in the afternoon
- May 22nd – 3rd & 4th grade talent show @ 9:00 a.m.
- May 23rd – 4th & 5th grade talent show @ 9:00 a.m.
- May 24th – Last good citizen reward – 12:40-2:40 p.m. Students will be running through the sprinklers, sidewalk chalk and popsicles
- May 25th – Last day of school dismissed at noon
Mrs. Angie Killian
Principal, Riverview Elementary